NuFACT 2021 is the twentysecond in the series of yearly international workshops which started in 1999 and which had previously been called the International Workshop on Neutrino Factories. The change of name to International Workshop on Neutrinos from Accelerators is related to the fact that the workshop program has, over the years, come to include all current and future accelerator and also reactor based neutrino projects, including also muon projects, not only the Neutrino Factory project.
The main goal of the workshop is to review the progress of current and future facilities able to improve on measurements of the properties of neutral and charged lepton flavor violation, as well as searches for new phenomena beyond the capabilities of presently planned experiments. The workshop is both interdisciplinary and inter-regional in that experimenters, theorists and accelerator physicists from Asia, the Americas and Europe share expertise with the common goal of reviewing the results of currently operating experiments and designing the next generation of experiments.
The NuFACT 2021 workshop is divided into six Working Groups covering the following topics:
- Neutrino Oscillation Physics (Working Group 1),
- Neutrino Scattering Physics (Working Group 2),
- Accelerator Physics (Working Group 3),
- Muon Physics (Working Group 4), and
- Neutrinos Beyond PMNS (Working Group 5)
- Detectors (Working Group 6)
For the 2021 edition, to comply with the different situation in the various countries concerning vaccines and travel regulations, we will hold the conference in mixed mode: the participants and speakers having the opportunity to travel to Italy may attend the conference in person, while the others may attend and give their talks remotely.
To make it possible for an (almost) worldwide online broadcasting, the conference plenary and parallel sessions will be from 12.40 to 17.30 Italy summer time CEST. Compared to the last edition, all plenaries and parallel sessions were maintained, with the addition of WG6, dedicated to detector developments.
To profit from the conference room availability, there will also be satellite workshops running on Italian mornings, nu-Storm/ENUBET, ESS-nu, and a dedicated diversity, outreach & education session.
We will also hold an online poster session in a virtual room.
NEW: Results of the survey https://indico.cern.ch/event/855372/attachments/1938507/3947348/NuFact_feedback.pdf
- Deadline for abstract submission: 31/05/2021
- Early registration: up to 30/06/2021
- Regular registration: from 1/07/2021
- To enter the workhop site (but also any restaurant, museum, pub) you will need to have the European Green Pass, or a certificate that you had the covid (no more than 6 months before), or a negative swab (this has a validity of only 48 hours and you need to repeat it)
- Presence on site only if in good health (complete absence of symptoms similar to covid)
- Mandatory use of the mask
- Social distancing (namely in the rooms there will be >1m between the seats in all directions and >2m from the speaker)
- Entry to the conference area is prohibited for participants with temperatures above 37.5°C
- Entrance to the conference area is forbidden for accompanying persons or unregistered persons
- On-site registrations will not be allowed
- Sarà possibile svolgere le attività solo se in possesso di certificazione verde COVID-19, o la guarigione dall’infezione da Sars-CoV-2 (validità 6 mesi) o l’effettuazione di un test molecolare o antigenico rapido con risultato negativo al virus Sars-CoV-2 (con validità 48 ore).
- Presenza in sede solo se in buona salute (assenza completa di sintomi assimilabili al covid)
- Uso obbligatorio della mascherina
- Distanziamento sociale (in particolare distanza >1m tra le sedie in tutte le direzioni e distanza >2m dall’oratore)
- Vietato l’ingresso all’area congressuale a partecipanti con temperatura superiore a 37.5°C
- Vietato l’ingresso all’area congressuale ad accompagnatori o persone non registrate
- Non saranno ammesse registrazioni in loco